We respect everyone’s right to privacy.
Any and all information collected by a clinic utilizing CDr, must be kept strictly confidential.
CDr must hold these rights in high regard and therefore assure the information will not be sold, reused, rented, loaded or otherwise disclosed.
Any information a patient gives your clinic which is transmitted to CDr will be held with the utmost care, and will not be used in any way which has not been given consent to, in writing, by your patient.
CDr complies with all HIPPA privacy and security regulations.
A more detailed explanation about how we care for your patient’s personal information is available by request through email.. .
As a condition of and in consideration of my use, access, and/or disclosure of confidential information,
I understand and agree to the security requirements outlined in this Agreement.
I understand that these security requirements and my responsibility to protect confidential information also apply to when I’m working from home or away from the clinic.
I – I will access, use, and disclose confidential information only as necessary to perform my job functions. This means, among other things, that:
- I will only access, use, and disclose confidential information which I have authorization to access, use, and disclose which is required to do my job;
- I will not in any way access, use, divulge, copy, release, sell, loan, review, alter, or destroy any confidential information except as properly and clearly authorized within the scope of my job and as in accordance with all applicable CDr policies and procedures and with all applicable laws.
- I will follow all Federal HIPPA requirements, including taking full responsibility to inform my clients that I/we transmit data electronically and keeping client signature on file that they have been informed and educated on electronic data submission.
- I will report to my supervisor and CDr any individual’s or entity’s activities that I suspect may compromise the confidentiality of confidential information as prescribed by the clinic, CDr or HIPPA.
II – Because all of my User ID/Passwords are the equivalent of my signature and because I am the only person authorized to use them, I agree to the following:
- I will safeguard and not disclose my passwords, access codes or any other authorizations I have that allow me to access confidential information to anyone including my manager, supervisor, or LAN Manager.
- I will not request access to or use any other person’s passwords or access codes.
- I accept responsibility for all activities undertaken using my passwords, access code and other authorizations.
- It is my responsibility to log out of the system to which I’m logged on. I will not under any circumstances leave unattended a computer to which I have logged on without first either locking it or logging off the workstation.
- If I have reason to believe that the confidentiality of my password has been compromised, I will change my password.
- I understand that my User ID will be deactivated upon notification to Information Management that I am no longer employed by or in a business contract with the clinic, have no staff privileges at the clinic, or when my job duties no longer require access to the computerized systems.
- I understand that CDr has the right to conduct and maintain an audit trail of all accesses to patient information, including the machine name, user, date, and data accessed and that CDr may conduct a review of my system activity at anytime and without notice to monitor appropriate use.
- I understand and accept that I have no individual rights to or ownership interests in any confidential information referred to in this agreement and that therefore CDr may at any time revoke my passwords or access codes.
IV – I understand that it is my responsibility to be aware of and abide by all CDr, HIPPA and my clinic’s policies, and other policies that specifically address the handling of confidential information and misconduct that warrants immediate discharge.
A. I understand that in addition to protecting confidentiality I am also required to be aware of the clinic’s computer equipment policy and to abide by all of its requirements regarding the appropriate use of computer systems. I understand that inappropriate use of the clinic’s computer systems may result in disciplinary action.
B. I understand that any fraudulent application, violation of confidentiality or any violation of the above provisions are solely my responsibility, not that of CDr, and may result in disciplinary action, including loss of system and information access privileges, as well as other appropriate disciplinary measures up to and including termination of employment with the clinic.
C. I recognize that unauthorized disclosure or access of information by me may violate state and federal laws and cause irreparable injury to the clinic, CDr or harm to the patient, and may result in disciplinary and/or legal action being taken against me.
D. Each time I log into this system signifies that I have read, accept, and agree to abide by all of the terms and conditions of this Agreement and agree to be bound by it.