The importance of goal setting, measuring progress, and celebrating victories!
Chiropractors set and measure short and long term treatment goals for their patients, but what about for their practice? It is crucial for the growth and success of your practice to set goals and determine the process and frequency of measuring outcomes!
Here are some simple steps to get started:
- What are the top 5 areas that you’d like to see improvement in? Is it related to staff retention? Patient retention? $ Per visit average ($PVA)? Average weekly patient visits? Your stress level? Your net income? Whatever those areas are, record them in a list format.
- Measure your current status for those areas. Try to be as objective as possible (i.e. our clinic currently sees 75 patient visits per week). Record the current measurement next to each item in your list
- Determine your short term and long term goals for each area of desired improvement – set a date that you’d like to reach the goal by. Record this for each row.
- Determine how you’ll measure each goal (i.e. financial-based report in your Chiropractic billing software/Chiropractic practice management system, appointment report in your scheduler application, etc.)
- Determine the frequency for how often you’ll measure this goal, assign roles for who will be measuring/recording stats at the determined frequency
- Decide on how you’ll celebrate with your team after accomplishing the goals
Share your progress with your team members (office staff, Chiropractic billing service company rep, etc.) and recognize hard work within your team along the way or provide encouragement when your team is working hard but struggling to stay along the projected goal trajectory.
You may need to work with your Chiropractic billing service company to determine if process changes are needed within the clinic to reach financial-related goals that are hindered by poor insurance verifications, coding, or other claim-related tasks.
ClinicDr may be just what your chiropractic clinic needs to reach the goals you’re setting for your practice.
We offer you 30 days free trial – www.clinicdr.com