Operating a successful and profitable chiropractic practice requires great leadership, competent and compassionate patient care and efficient and fair billing practices. Developing strategies for advertising in your local community can be a highly effective way to communicate about your services and pricing to your potential patients and ultimately grow your practice. Here are some tips that your chiropractic practice can follow to get your practice on the map, so that you can see an increase in your ability to bill and increase your overall profit margin.
Advertising Strategies for Your Chiropractic Practice
- Know your state’s guidelines for advertising: It is possible that there are guidelines in place that chiropractic practices in your area must follow when you advertise. In fact, you may learn as you investigate that a larger, local practice helps to dictate these rules. It is best to learn as much as you can before you spend your advertising budget so that you are sure you will be able to advertise the way you plan.
- Offer deals to drum up business – Consider offering “deals” to help promote your practice and build a new client base. As long as it is deemed acceptable in your local area, you may benefit from offering deals to new patients, like a free (or reduced) first visit, etc. Getting new patients in the door helps grow your practice.
- Be mindful of your Medicare patients: There are very specific rules about billing for Medicare patients. For example, providing a “free visit” deal to your Medicare patients is not permitted.
- Think about your local audience: Think about who your target audience is in your local area? Athletes? Elderly population? New moms? Consider what makes your community unique and your practice unique and target and market your services to one/more of these groups. This connection to the community will positively impact your reach.
- Be able to accommodate growth: Before you launch into a full advertising campaign, be sure that you can accommodate the growth that may come along with it. For example, are your billing practices efficient?
Clinic Doctor Online Billing and EHr Tools
Clinic Doctor is an online billing tool that can help your chiropractic practice improve their profitability, save time and spend more time with your patients and less time working on Electronic Health Records and billing. It is easy to learn, use and is not cost prohibitive. As you advertise your chiropractic practice and get more patients, it is critical to have a billing and EHr system that makes your practice run better. Call us today for more information or to request a free demo!