One of the best ways to ensure that your chiropractic claims produce a high collection rate is by using a skilled, cloud-based, and compliant chiropractic billing service.
Not only will this help to give you a high collection rate, it will do so at a cost that pays for itself.
Coding requirements can differ between insurers and there are frequent changes with each third party payer. It can get quite expensive to hire a competent billing CA and have to send them off for more training just to keep up with all of the changes. Just because a CA is experienced does not necessarily mean that you have a competent billing CA.
Often times the experienced CA has developed bad habits and operated on different chiropractic management software.
Smart chiropractors have recognized the need to outsource their billing to a chiropractic billing services company and have been doing so for decades. In doing so these chiropractors have found some things that they dislike about using a billing services company that is not cloud based.
Here are the common complaints:
- Lack of Transparency – Because the clinic is not able to see all the information that the chiropractic billing services company has, this means that the clinic has trouble answering billing questions by patients and payers on the fly.
- Low Value – Chiropractic billing services companies tend to be paid on a percentage basis. This means they tend to focus on claims that generate the most revenue for their company and ignore the harder, denied claims or claims with no response.
- Unprofessional Claim Handling – Generally a chiropractic billing services company uses another vendor’s software even though that software is meant for a single clinic. The companies also typically rely on mom and pop processes to service clinics. If the company has a disruption with any staff, they must teach the new staff member assigned to the clinic all over again. This often causes changes to how the clinic’s billing is performed, which lowers efficiency and collections.
- Not Compliant – Often there are significant discrepancies between the claims submitted by the billing services company and the documentation of that care by the chiropractor. When the billing software and the electronic health records (EHr, EMR) are not mirrored in a way that is quick and easy for the chiropractor to document, non-compliance increases.
- Clinic Control – It is possible that the clinic can become the slave to the chiropractic billing services company and their mom and pop processes and inefficient software.
However, with cloud based chiropractic billing services, all of those complaints can be eliminated!
Outsourcing to the cloud makes your chiropractic billing services smart and this is how most chiropractic billing will be done in the future. The cloud leverages the knowledge and power of the web to make your billing as smart as possible.
Cloud software can connect your clinic to skilled chiropractic billing services and other technologies that are needed, but often disconnected from the practice management software (credit card, text messaging, automated patient intake, patient access to records etc.). In the future the cloud will have many more effective tools to help chiropractic clinics.
Clinic Doctor has been doing cloud based chiropractic billing services and software longer than any other chiropractic billing services company.
We have designed our system to do billing services on a large scale with thousands of clinics, which helps to pass the savings and efficiencies on to our customers.
Since 2004, we have been eliminating the barriers to gold standard billing services. Your clinic can achieve gold standard results with minimal effort. We allow our clinics to have complete control and transparency.
We give our clinics a compliant and highly skilled chiropractic billing services at a price that pays for itself.